Crimson Midstream Mission Statement
Our mission is simple and straight-forward and we demonstrate the following on a consistent basis across all divisions:
- Provide sustainable, cost-effective midstream service
- Operate safely and reliably utilizing the latest technology
- Create operational and business excellence on a consistent basis
- Provide educational programs to educate the next generation and the community at large
- Demonstrate a culture of integrity, respect, and inclusivity for our employees, clients, partners, all stakeholders
CorEnergy Acquires Crimson’s California Pipeline Assets
Transaction establishes a diversified foundation for future acquisition consideration
Effective February 1, 2021, CorEnergy acquired a 49.50 percent interest in Crimson, with the right to acquire the remaining 50.50 percent interest. The preliminary fair value of the aggregate consideration is approximately $350 million, subject to certain post-closing purchase price adjustments. According to Crimson’s Chairman of the Board John Grier, “Our combined ability to pursue additional opportunities leveraging Crimson’s oil market relationships, together with CorEnergy’s natural gas transmission assets, establishes a diversified foundation for future acquisition consideration.” For details about the transaction, view the press release here.
Chairman of the Board
John Grier is the CEO and Founder of Crimson Pipeline (CP) a company in the business of acquiring and improving the operations of oil and gas pipeline systems. CP made its’ first asset purchase in 2005 and over the past decade, the company has made six additional major acquisitions, five of those from major oil companies.
Before starting the pipeline company, John was primarily in the Exploration and Production (E&P) business and he started Crimson Resource Management with a partner in 1986. The company again purchased oil and gas-producing properties, mostly from major oil companies. John and his partner successfully grew the company making a major divestiture in 2009 and after the sale, the company was split and John continued to keep the pipeline company.
John has a Bachelor’s Degree in Science/Chemical Engineering from the University of Oklahoma and a Master’s Degree in Business Administration from Harvard University.
Chief Financial Officer
Robert is the CFO of Crimson Midstream and has over 15 years of experience in the chemical, energy, and banking industries. Robert began his career at Dow Chemical and after completing his MBA he began a notable career in mergers/acquisitions, banking, and finance. He has significant experience in midstream M&A transactions while working at Citigroup Investment Bank and UBS Investment Bank.
Robert received a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Utah, a Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and a Master’s Degree in Business Administration from the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University.
Vice President of Operations
Mandy Kroetsch is the Vice President of Operations for Crimson Pipeline LLC and joined the Crimson Team in 2021 after working for California Resources Corporation (CRC) for 7 years. Prior to that she worked for Canadian Natural Resources Ltd (CNRL) in the Oil Sands of Northern Alberta. Mandy has held several positions in Operations and Engineering with increasing levels of responsibility throughout Canada and the United States.
Mandy holds a Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Alberta and has her Project Management Professional certification. She is currently in the process of obtaining her Master's degree in Business Administration from the University of California, Berkeley.