This position is a part of the Operations Team in that it operates pipeline systems and associated facilities as directed safely providing delivery of scheduled crude oil movements in accordance with Company procedures to protect the integrity of the pipeline, the environment and people. Responsibilities include continuous surveillance of multiple pipeline systems to verify line integrity, recognizing and responding to abnormal conditions and the monitoring and control of the pipeline systems and facilities remotely via the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition System (SCADA).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following
- Continual and diligent system surveillance, monitoring flow, pressure, temperature and tank levels of crude oil at remote locations in a safe and efficient manner.
- Recognize and respond to emergency or abnormal conditions on the pipeline systems through immediate control capabilities if available or through notification of company personnel in a timely manner, to minimize the potential impact to people and the environment.
- Accountable for initial spill reporting to regulatory agencies.
- Analyze and monitor data remotely transmitted by SCADA to ensure pipeline and facility integrity.
- Maintain a daily Shift Log to document Control Center and field activities throughout the shift in order to relay all essential information to subsequent shift personnel utilizing the Shift Turnover procedure.
- Monitor volumetric balancing (Pi) software and “Atmos” leak detection software for line integrity.
- Coordinate field operations and maintenance activities with Scheduling, Operations staff, and third parties as required.
- Ensure, accurate, efficient and on-time movement of crude oil to and from designated locations as scheduled providing ETA's for delivery and receipt locations as appropriate.
- Other duties as required and assigned by supervision.
Education and Basic Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must be able to successfully pass Operator Qualification as required by company policy and PHMSA.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a pipeline controller or similar control type position is preferred.
- Experience in pipeline, terminal or plant operations is a plus.
- Must work a twelve-hour rotating schedule with minimal time away from the console during the shift. This is a 24/7, 365 days per year operation that includes holidays, weekends a potential call-in as well as overtime as required.
- Must have demonstrated computer skills, including ability to use MS Office; Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Must be able to work effectively as a team member with a high level of communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment, process work rapidly, set priorities, work under pressure, and follow through with assigned tasks with limited supervision.
- Must be able to visually monitor several computer screens in a control room environment for twelve (12) hour shifts maintaining a high level of mental alertness and be capable of quickly processing and reacting to incoming information from the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition System. Response time is very critical.
- Must be able to successfully pass Drug and Alcohol pre-employment and ongoing screening.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
Crimson Midstream is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by State, Federal or Local law.
If you are interested in pursuing a career with Crimson, please send your resume directly to us at [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you.